A health workers society for indigenous and non-indigenous students and professionals, that aims for the betterment of indigenous health through greater "awareness" of pertinent health and cultural issues.
1. Gain an insight into the cultural perspectives by facilitating exchange between indigenous and non-indigenous people.
2. Facilitate the professional understanding of the responsibilities and expectations of indigenous and non-indigenous health team workers.
3. Enhance the status and recognition of indigenous health workers amongst other health professionals.
4. Initiate Cross Cultural workshops to student members.
5. Invite prominent and/or pertinent speakers involved in indigenous health to give seminars/workshops involving society members.
6. Increase the number of medical students being placed in Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander communities.
7. Organise social functions to encourage informal interaction between indigenous and non-indigenous students and professionals.
RETURN TO MAIN PAGE